Why does The Voice Business need your information?
The Voice Business understands the importance of protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. The Voice Business is committed to meeting the requirements of the Australian Privacy Principles which are privacy standards supporting the Privacy Act 1998This document outlines the details The Voice Business keeps about you and why it needs these details.
What personal information will The Voice Business keep about me?
The type of personal information we may collect about you includes your name, address, date of birth, contact details (including telephone and email), gender, occupation. As well as the content of your email communications to us. Overtime, financial and other information necessary to administer your The Voice Business membership area will be added to your records.
Where does The Voice Business get my personal information?
Where practicable, we will collect your personal information directly from you. However, we may sometimes need to collect personal information about you from your employer or agent to efficiently administer your account and provide our services to you.
Why does The Voice Business need my personal information?
- establish and manage your account(s);
- implement your training choices;
- process information regarding your training
- provide information to you about training courses and the products and services
- that The Voice Business offers;
- help you or your employer or agent to make a booking involving your attendance at courses.
- comply with our tax payment and statutory reporting obligations; and If applicable, The Voice Business collects personal information about you, including sensitive information, to:
- establish and maintain your booking
The Voice Business may also use and disclose personal information about you to:
- keep you up to date with promotions, products and services available to you as a The Voice Business member or client; and
- conduct research to improve our services to Members and clients.
Where does The Voice Business disclose my personal information?
- our administrator
- printers and mail houses;
- our professional advisers;
- our training practitioners and consultants;
- your employers;
- providers of internet, data storage and data access services;
- government and regulatory authorities or other third parties;
- any person(s) nominated by you in writing.
What are the consequences of not providing personal information?
- we may be unable to contact you;
- we may be unable to book a course for you
How does The Voice Business handle and store my personal information?
- imposing confidentiality requirements on our employees, and ensuring employees of our service providers have similar requirements;
- putting security measures in place for access to systems which hold member or client account information:
- providing only controlled access to our offices;
- implementing electronic security features, such as firewalls and encryption.
Does The Voice Business engage in direct marketing?
Yes, from time to time, we may contact you to let you know about promotions, products and services available to our members and clients. We may contact you via mail, telephone and SMS to let you know about these offers. We will always let you know that you can opt out from receiving our marketing offers. If you do not wish to receive communications of this kind, please contact our helpline on 1300 922 122.
What does The Voice Business do with government-related identifiers?
In certain circumstances we may be required to collect government-related identifiers such as your ABN or tax file number. For instance if a corporate booking is made or if you are applying for a job as a trainer. We will also be disclosing your information to the NSW Commission for Children and Young people should you seek employment with us. We will not use or disclose this information unless we are authorised by law.
How does the The Voice Business website collect information?
We use ‘cookies’ to collect information on user activity on our public websites, and on our secure member area. A cookie is a small text file that allows information (such as an IP address) to be retrieved from your computer by our webserver. The information collected by cookies does not include personal information. The cookies that The Voice Business uses are temporary session cookies which expire when you close your internet browser. If your internet browser is set to reject cookies, you will be unable to access the online secure areas for members and clients on our websites.
Online web forms
We use online web forms on our public websites to collect information for members and clients who use particular offers and services. Where the online web forms require members or clients to submit personal information, the webpages hosting the forms are secured by encryption to protect your personal information. However, you should note that no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as 100% secure.
Secure member area
Can I see the personal information The Voice Business has about me?
You have a right to know what personal information The Voice Business holds about you and to see this information to ensure it is correct – see ‘How can I obtain more information?’ below. If you discover that there is an error in the personal information held about you or that certain information is missing, please notify us and we will try to correct or add the information as soon as possible. There are limited circumstances set out by law in which some or all access to information may be denied. If any of those circumstances apply to you, The Voice Business will explain this to you in our response to your request.
How can I obtain more information?
How will The Voice Business handle privacy queries and complaints?
Notice of Collection of Personal Information